1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This VCU-Saint Mary’s game is awful.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It’s Chinese water torture but we’re midday drunk and just rolling with it

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Izzo took advantage when Michigan got burned by Ed Martin and the NCAA
    The Wolverines had to get a coach like John Beilein before catching back up

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

How that VCU guy didn't break his ankle or leg is a miracle

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That wasn’t a foul against Baldwin? Fuck this St. Mary’s team.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

To me that will always be known as the game where our wire photo machine in Charleston went on the fritz. We had exactly one mediocre photo from the whole game.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I admit I'm only a casual observer of the Big 10, so maybe there's more credence to the idea Izzo should have done more over the last 25 years-plus. (And I know you agree with what I'm about to write, but it backs up what you wrote) But only five mega blue bloods (North Carolina, UCLA, Duke, Kentucky & Kansas) have made more F4s than Michigan State, which has made all but two of its 10 trips under Izzo. I'm a big believer in the body of work superseding the randomness of the one-game outcomes of the NCAA Tournament, and that winning it even once--which requires skill but also untold amounts of good fortune--validates a coach and a program. Now I'm going to make sure I didn't make fun of Virginia at any point of the last few years. :D

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So on about the 79th viewing of Nissan's lead March Madness commercial, I have noticed something. The school mascots portrayed driving or riding at top speed in Nissans on of course the road to the final four are all mascots of schools that aren't in the tournament this year. Brutus Buckeye has a lead role. There's the Fighting Irishman, and a Cardinal and the Stanford Tree. Oh yeah, Oregon Duck too. This has to be intentional right? Or when the ad was taped back last September or whenever, the director filled out the worst bracket ever.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Going on a hunger strike until Iowa State hits a field goal

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

It was nice knowing you.

Cosmo likes this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Bob Baum was an AP reporter in Portland, then in Phoenix (and a good one). He was always proud of being on the cover of Sports Illustrated. That's him with the checked shirt and vest, holding a pencil, right below the net.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

LOL how did Pitt give up a safety?

Draft saved Draft deleted