1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Chicago State, an independent, averaged 77 per game. That's got to be the most absurd stat in NCAA hoops.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

At that point, lie.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Safe bet that the attendance in Columbus was higher than FDU has seen in its home games the past two seasons combined. That figure is about 14,000.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Your grandma's best friend Edna

maumann, 2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I remember that 1990 game. Keady got fined for bitching about the officials in the postgame. Thought there was goaltending on the final shot.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

UVA got the heavy lifting out of the way already. I saw them lose to the No. 2 seed at Kemper live in 1995 after they upset KU in the round of 16.

There were plenty of Rock Chalk bargains on the streets that day, which made the 4-hour drive worth it.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

despite the big upsets - I'm thinking the first round was about 85 percent chalk. is 2-15 the 5-12 upset? Was there a 5-12 upset?

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

In the Northeast Conference--FDU's league--there's St. Francis (NY), whose gym was*** next to the cafeteria, and Wagner, whose gym is attached to the natatorium. Which meant smelling chlorine while covering a basketball game.

***St. Francis (NY) moved its entire campus to three floors atop a Macy's this year and played its games at a D-II or D-III gym. And a team FROM THAT LEAGUE just beat Purdue! How fucking great is March?

I Should Coco, dixiehack and Hermes like this.
  11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Seriously, who here thought Purdue deserved a 1?

12. Della9250

I mean based on their resume, they did deserve it:

Big 10 regular season and tourney champs.

15 of their 29 wins were over tourney teams

In a four-game stretch they beat Marquette, West Virginia, Gonzaga and Duke, the latter two by 18 and 19 points

Four of the five losses were to tourney teams, the one that wasn't was a one-pointer to a team a lot of people thought were in (Rutgers)

I assume the argument is UCLA or Arizona should have been a No. 1 over them, maybe Texas. I don't Marquette is in that class.

jr/shotglass and franticscribe like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted