1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Had Syracuse ML as part of a three-leg ML parlay. Davidson and Colorado State were the others. Syracuse has the ball in a tied game with a 6-second difference in shot and game clock and the Orange ran one of the shittiest possessions I’ve seen in some time. Wake wins on a 3.

Enjoy retirement, dickbag.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

LSU scored twice in the bottom of the eighth to win 9-2 and bring my college baseball four-teamer home. I don't do four-leg parlays often, but this still might have only been the second or third one that I've hit. Turned a $5, last-minute throwaway bet into $65. I'll take it.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sports gambling now legal in Massachusets.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Made two in-game bets today. Michigan State -4.5 and Creighton -3.5. Wins are nice.

Batman and playthrough like this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

After glancing at the odds at the start of the tournament and seeing only one of the higher seeds (Houston, who was something like +300) with a terrible number, I fired in a few tiny futures bets.
    Unfortunately, I just picked good teams with good odds and didn't have a bracket in front of me. Three of the five I picked (Gonzaga at +1600, UCLA +900 and Kansas +900) are all in the West bracket. D'oh!
    On the bright side, there's a strong chance at least one of them will get to the Final Four.
    And on another bright side, my other two picks of Alabama +700 and Duke +3000 are looking a hell of a lot better after the first round.
    On the not-so-bright side, I'll despise myself for having to root for Duke as this thing plays out.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What vig are you paying in-game?

-115?

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Usually around -110. I try to avoid the -120s, which crop up from time to time.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I placed a couple bucks on FDU to cover, just b/c they're a cool story. At the half, I placed a couple bucks on FDU to win, just b/c they were the better team. Wish I'd done the second thing first. Would have gotten me close to even since I became a degenerate!

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What is an alleged pro like Fezzik doing laying the Purdue moneyline? It's just silly, and yes I'd have said that if Purdue won by 40.

I shudder to think how many parlays died in that game too, people building 10-teamers on the apps and blindly throwing in all the 1 seeds just to steal some pennies. Oof.

poindexter likes this.
  11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

On behalf of everyone who had Penn State +5.5...thanks, Texas dude who fouled on a 3-pter up seven in the final seconds.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I was playing cards on Saturday and one of the dealers said he put down $10 on any No. 1 seed to lose in the first round. Said it was only +800, which seemed pretty low.

Draft saved Draft deleted