1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Oh great! No idea why I thought that was the finale, but that makes my day.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It felt like a finale because some story lines got resolved. And it left on a nice final shot. But yeah, more to come!

3. Spartan Squad

I watched the going on a booze run to West Virginia. I understand, they’re riffing on modern day West Virginia but I couldn’t turn off my brain from screaming “West Virginia broke off to stay in the Union! They would have no problems with Yankees! They are Yankees!”

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I don' remember who here recommended Cunk on Earth, but thank you.

The reactions of the experts to her questions are priceless.

Alma and Regan MacNeil like this.
  5. Spartan Squad

A moment of silence for Laika

micropolitan guy likes this.
  6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I loved loved LOVED the book. Trying to compile a full Spotify playlist with music from the show (not just the show music but the music in the background as well). I know it's a thinly-veiled Fleetwood Mac story but all I could picture Daisy Jones as was Grace Slick.

I've been savoring the show, anyway.

A show I absolutely blasted through with a friend was Shrinking. Amazing show. Laughed so many times. Was the perfect show to get me until the premiere of Ted Lasso. I see Bill Lawrence and Brett Goldstein are both EPs on the show as well.

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Shrinking might be my favorite show of this year. It doesn’t fit into any sort of box. Funny. Dramatic. Sad. Absurd.

I’ve really enjoyed it. I think a lot of nominations are coming.

Wenders likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

S3 of Ted Lasso dropped on Apple TV. Decent first episode to what likely is the last season.

Ted gives his team a shitty life lesson which pays off in short order.

Nate Shelley looks like he might have doucher's remorse but spits his way back into form then gets an expensive new toy.

Keely and Roy aren't Keely and Roy anymore (but might be again).

Other storylines are introduced.

Wenders likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

They've come out and said it'll be the final season, or at least, "the end of the story they want to tell." That kind of leaves the door open for spin-offs and holiday episodes, but it wouldn't surprise me if anything going forward is without Jason.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

There's no way that Roy and Keeley don't get back together.
    I honestly thought there was a time jump because of how much Henry and Phoebe have aged since the last season.

It was a solid premiere. Nate is an absolute douche and it will bite him in the ass. Belittling the team, panicking at his first presser, being pushed around by Rupert. His downfall will be glorious.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not sure it goes here or the "movie" thread, but the new Luther pic is pretty good. The last act is pretty formulaic - but Idris Elba is fantastic as always.

garrow likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We are 8 episodes into Daisy Jones. It’s fine but not great. I’m not sure about the male lead or any of the band members besides the drummer. Leo’s ex-girlfriend is decent and drop dead gorgeous. We will watch the last 2 but not exactly counting down the minutes until they drop.

Alma likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted