1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"Absence of Malice." Outrageous from a journalism perspective. But this is interesting, from the Wikipedia rabbithole:

Newman said that the film was a "direct attack on the New York Post," which had earlier published a caption for a photo of Newman that he said was inaccurate. Because of the dispute, the Post banned Newman from its pages, even removing his name from movies in the TV listings.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And now life has begun to imitate art.

ChrisLong likes this.
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

We dont have a star trek thread, I guess, but season 3 of Picard is the best thing I’ve seen on TV in years (which incredible even moreso as season 2 was among the worst)

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I am enjoying it, too, but the fan service can be overwhelming, especially in this week's episode.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The episode had a lot of fan service but at least it was mildly in service of the plot.

The episodes as a whole felt fillery. Learned some new info, plot advanced but filler.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Succession thoughts? Entertaining. Realized that Roman is a spoiled douchebag but he’s the smartest of the three. Oh and another fun trip in Greg’s world.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I created a thread to discuss

Tighthead likes this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I can't believe myself sometimes but last night I started watching “The Way Home” on Hallmark. Two episodes in and I'm hooked. I love that Andie MacDowell has let her hair go gray and looks like a normal 50-something woman. Chyler Leigh is great too.

It's more believable than "The Time Traveler's Wife," which was a great book but didn't especially transfer to TV.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Good for her, considering she's 64.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Didn't know she was that old. It's pretty obvious if she's had any work done, it's minimal. She looks like a 64-year-old who has taken care of herself should look, not some botox-filled Barbie doll.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Anyone else watch the Watchful Eye on Freeform/Hulu? The season just ended and I really enjoyed it.

It's a thriller about a woman who becomes a nanny in a NY building inhabited by a wealthy family who uncovers some unseemly secrets.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted