1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

He was a dick in Washington and now he's a dick who has rapidly declining skills. Year no. 4 of that deal and he's played, counting Thursday night, 158 games. And that our friends is how you have two of the best players to ever live on the same team and still finish under .500.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I recall him saying he didn't even like baseball. And it shows. I will try to find that after a few errands.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Denny Matthews, for the most part, still does.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I was aware of that relationship, but until now I seriously had not put two and two together: Peter LaCock.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think they're back at it again; didn't they just pass a rule to keep the clock running after out of bounds plays and first downs?

In other words, run the clock more while teams are lining up for plays.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

In college OB plays I think the clock restarts when the ball is set, except in the final minute or two.

They eliminated stopping the clock until the chains had been reset after a first down, again until the final two minutes. Stopping the clock after each first down essentially gave the offense a short timeout, and re-starting the clock was inconsistently administered by different officiating crews; some did it quickly, other waited forever.

I prefer the NFL rule, where the clock keeps running after an inbounds first down.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cardinals no-hitting Toronto through six.

Seven walks and a hit batter, though.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I was told there would be more balls in play this year.

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I love the schedule, I will say that.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Blue Jays got a hit!

And a run in another inning without a hit.

Meanwhile the Angels put up an 11-spot, most against Oakland’s new Japanese pitcher. What he must feel like, performing like that against Ohtani.

12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

My God, the Tigers are actually worse in person. They may not hold the Rays to less than 20 runs today.

Draft saved Draft deleted