1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I own a home on an island in North Carolina.

Inky_Wretch and three_bags_full like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Say hi to Rafe and Topper!

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

These dudes got lucky.

Twirling Time and Batman like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Looks like Arkansas will be under the gun on Tuesday too. Already at a level 3 severe risk.

5. micropolitan guy

Remember the days when Pat Robertson said a hurricane changing course and hitting New York City was God's punishment for immoral behavior? Not hearing much of that talk anymore when Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and Texas get hammered by those kinds of storms.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The before and after vegetation was striking.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Everything in the South blows up in Texas first. If it blows up in East Texas, the South is in a world of shit. If it blows up in the Panhandle or Big Country, it usually is the result of a regionalized dryline that rolls in at 2 a.m. and spends itself out just past Dallas.

8. Inky_Wretch

Good luck to everybody for the next couple of days. We are expecting supercells in the middle of the night, so I may up at 3 am for the first time in a long time (duck season excluded).

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You might be hardcore. But are you "Ride out a tornado on your front porch while it rains down trees upon your house" hardcore?

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I put my flag back up on Sunday, but because my eyelets are broke on the rope part, I used zipties.
    Today we are expected to have Tornadoes and 70mph winds.
    That tracks. Sorry NW Ohio! My fault for this. I assumed the high winds were done with last week.

11. Inky_Wretch

And no reaction at all to the tree on his car and/or corner of his house!

12. micropolitan guy

I have no experience in tornado country, so please excuse me if this sounds stupid. But shouldn't your car be in your garage if you know a tornado is coming? Wouldn't that give it an extra level of protection?

Draft saved Draft deleted