1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I saw some story noting with apparent approval this was one of the first WBB games ever with "significant" betting action nationwide. You've come a long way baby!!

Batman likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Does Morris have 60 points? Geez.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Good Tebow, Iowa still had fouls to give?

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

My friends were heavy on LSU and the over so they’re sitting pretty. Got +2. Couldn’t believe Iowa was favored.

When I was in a legal state, I did very well on WNBA. Much better than men’s basketball.

Especially live betting. It’s a simple approach… if you’re watching WNBA and there’s a scoring flurry with lots of threes, one coach will call timeout.

Goes to commercial break.

Immediately bet the under.

In that timeout, the coaches usually find a defensive answer that the players can’t overcome for a few possessions.

If you bet under 172.5 in that timeout, once the women are missing layups, throwing the ball away against a different defense or dribbling it off their foot, the total will plunge. Once it hits, say, 164, bet the over.

Then go about your day and check it later and see if you won em both.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Angel Reese can fuck right off with that ring gesture at Clark.

7. Starman

I think the under went out the window long ago.

8. Starman

Jesus Christ, the REF just had to step around Mulkey on the floor.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

About the six minute mark. :)

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yep, LSU will be a deserving national champion but probably one of the most unpopular because of their coach and stuff like that. Was not a big UConn fan, but they never did that nonsense.

Mulkey in tears makes the perfect Karen.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

They didn't even bother to show a replay of it - I hope ESPN or somewhere else has a replay of it available online. In real time, it looked like a complete acting job and a super late whistle.

The broadcast crew also failed to mention, unless I missed it, the real reason Mulkey challenged that call in the third quarter - Her team was absolutely shitting itself at the moment. You get more of a breather with a replay than with a timeout, because you kill the crowd in the moment. LSU recovered at that point.

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Just saw that on replay. Awful.

Draft saved Draft deleted