1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Well…

We all gotta go sometime.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Are they saying soon his time on Earth will be over and his activities will have passed?

three_bags_full likes this.
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Y'all are obviously free to react to the women's final however you wish...

But if I found myself working the exact same corners as Dave Portnoy and Clay Travis, I'd probably reassess.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hey Bobby, I think if death is inevitable, relax and enjoy it.

5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I hope Knight recovers quickly. Barring that I hope he at least survives the day and gets to watch one more NCAA tournament final tonight.

If he does die before the game I would recommend keeping the sound off during the game. Nantz will be going on and on about the great man dying and it will be more than I can take.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Mad that the Reese/Clark convo is dominating because my "I'd still take Bueckers over Clark" take isn't even getting ratio'd on Twitter or talked about on First Take.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Never mind all the Twitter chatter, but how does a woman who averaged 35.5 points, 8.0 assists and 4.0 rebounds, and who led her team past the undefeated, top-seeded tournament team not get the MOP Award at the Final Four?

Yeah, Iowa didn't win, but the MOP is an individual award. Clark clearly was the outstanding player at this Final Four. Reese had a nice semifinal too, but she was the third-best player on her team in the championship game.

I'll let Holly Rowe explain that one for me.

8. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Oh God, I can only imagine the nuclear meltdown that Reese would have had if Clark had won MOP.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Is Jerry West the only player to win the MVP of any series/tournament and be on the losing team? And the fact he did win that one has tormented and disgusted him for 50-plus years. Clark was MOP of course but it just doesn't happen anymore. Iguodala averaged 16 a game and was named Finals MVP in 2015. He got it primarily for his incredible defense on LeBron, holding LeBron, who was without Love and Kyrie but carried the Cavs to six games to....uh, a mere 35 points, 13 rebounds and 8 assists a game. If LeBron didn't win that one being on the losing team, it's definitely not happening again.

Now, in my final high school hoops game of my career I was named Subway player of the game by the radio crew on the call -- free 12-inch! -- despite the fact we lost, but we did things different in southern MN.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

When I read that, I stood up and bowed in your general direction. GREAT reference.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Howard Porter of Villanova won it when UCLA took the title but it was vacated later by NCAA violations

Small Town Guy likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Cowboys linebacker Chuck Howley was the Super Bowl V MVP, a game won by the Colts.

Two interceptions in a turnover-filled, defensive slobberknocker.

Draft saved Draft deleted