1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Succession Season 4 — Spoilers Included

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Mar 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Any chance that Tom and Shiv end up back together? As ugly as their relationship has been, it is the only thing on the show resembling a romance (unless you include Roman and Jerry, which I suppose there is an argument for).

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It did seem like the kids and Logan were just playing the usual game and everyone seemed kind of bored with it. Perhaps that was the point.

There’s obviously going to be a giant shift in the dynamic since this is the last season. Relative calm before the storm?

3. clintrichardson

I would bet that we get one episode which is set entirely around election night, with Logan pumping his candidate and the kids pushing the opposition through their Pierce properties.

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I liked it. But this is a good season to go out on. The point has been made. Money not only not buys happiness, it doesn't buy much self-awareness either.

garrow likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I grimaced at that line.

My favorite from the episode: “The Hundred is Substack meets Masterclass meets The Economist meets The New Yorker.”

(also, I had no idea that Shiv and Tom had a dog named Mondale)

Webster likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

How about Greg's [to Colin] "no, you go do what you gotta do without me, I don't want to know what happens in Guantanomo." (not an exact quote)

garrow and Webster like this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I wonder what Jeremy Strong did in the off season to piss off the writers. He went from being the pivotal character last season to an afterthought in this season’s premiere.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

There were some fun moments last episode:

"He looks like Santa Claus/assassin"
    "You have un-TV arms"
    But I'm tiring of the circular stories finally (I know its been round and round before).

garrow likes this.
  9. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

There are some good singers and moments, but it all feels boring at this point. Circular is the perfect word.

garrow likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don’t know. Logan at the karaoke bar was a pretty big departure for the character. He tried to cool things. Make everyone happy. He knows it’s a good deal that is going to be torpedoed.

As big a bastard as he is, he was trying to talk sense. Roman was right. And Ken was until yet another bad choice.

Or, it’s another play by Logan and I’m totally off.

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I feel like I have worked for the Roy family. Toward the end, when all that was left of the empire was the original, rapidly failing property.

12. clintrichardson

I am thinking/hoping that the repetitiveness of the elements (pierce, board meetings, sandy and stewie, logan peeling off roman) will get washing away by an entirely new thing—logan dying. And all these mechanic are about scuttling the deal to set up that and get the kids at odds with each other. Because the end game of Succession has to be about who succeeds Logan, and they need an intact company to fight over.

Draft saved Draft deleted