1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dan Vogelbach must have left a huge divot sliding into second trying to stretch a single. Looked like he was going to come to a complete stop but his bulk just forced him forward.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I haven't watched much yet but I love that the game is moving so much faster. I mean, do you really want more watching of a batter adjust his gloves/helmet/shirt/cup or a pitcher adjusting his cap/wrist/glove/step on and off? That's all that's being cut down, not real baseball.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Today in "As the Angels Turn"

Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register has since tweeted he will no longer appear on the show, in support of his fellow scribe.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com has tweeted the same.
    Why do the people in charge of this franchise insist on continuously stepping on their dicks?

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The Angels owned flagship is terrible. The only local show is hosted by Roger Lodge, a total Angels homer who thinks reading stats is good radio. The only other programming is ESPN or informercials. They used to air the Anaheim Ducks, but they moved online only.

6. HanSenSE

Giants just homered four times in the fifth vs the White Sox. Kid really took one for the team.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

And it took about 10 mins, fantastic.

8. HanSenSE

Had Jeffrey Leonard hit the fourth one, it would have taken him 10 minutes to circle the bases, one flap down.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The host of "Blind Date" Robert Lodge?

I guess the host of "Studs" said no.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Yep. That Roger Lodge.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Mark DeCarlo has a name YOU JERK. :D And he's in his 60s if his Wiki bio is accurate. Sheesh.

Huggy likes this.
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted