1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Arte Moreno thanks MLB for the new discount Promo Code now applicable to his contract with Rendon.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

If only he'd done something fallible and forgivable, like relapsing, instead of just being a fool. Then Moreno could just be done with him and his latest wasted expense.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Since someone brought up "Studs" (well, it was me), it deserves to be linked and remembered for the high cheese that it was.

Just because it was a signpost in our journey to vapidity, and good Lord, was it ever, doesn't mean it doesn't have "value".

In this case, value is measured in the fact that it embodies the absolute worst in early 90s fashion, style, interior design, graphics, you name it. Hilarious shit, not appreciated by me at the time, but very appreciated now.

I mean ... that couch looks like it was just conceived from jump to have hook-up jizz stains on it.

Also, note baseball theme in this clip. This is SPORTSjournalists.com. Keeping it on-task!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Studs begat Singled Out.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Very good point, this hasn’t been brought up.

ChrisLong likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Blum's story in The Athletic on Rendon and the Angels' opening series triggered a pretty good debate. There were more than 120 comments, which is probably triple what a typical story on a SoCal team gets. The comments were pretty split over Rendon being an ass and whether he was a good or bad signing. Also there were comments that Blum only writes negative stories about the Angels. He criticizes Moreno regularly, including not sending the radio announcers on the road and the team's subpar support of minor-leaguers. I tore into one guy who commented that he used to work in the Angels business department and what he saw were baseball writers being the laziest people around. All they do is eat in the dining room and the PR staff does half their job for them.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In 30 years, nobody I saw in the business worked harder than baseball beat writers. An awful life unless you truly love the game.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I wonder if they shouldn’t explore scheduled doubleheaders next season if these game times stay this way all year.

I know the MLBPA would slam this down very quickly.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Would they? It means more off days.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don’t know. I guess both sides would benefit from increased revenues from more weekend gates and fewer early week gates.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I imagine a lot of it is, fans expect the writers to live and die with the teams they cover as much as they do, whether they're covering the Angels or Podunk High. Posters on this board who have been in the business know how it goes.

maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted