1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Asshole but a great player

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

And the chances of Iowa accepting an invite as the runner-up are something in the zero range, so just another reason to get riled up over nothing. Not specifically you, just in general.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't know. A 17-point margin in an NCAA final really put the game on the map.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

On KNBR in SF, Steve Kerr regularly appears on Tom Tolbert's radio show. Kerr has told this story more than once, and I won't do it justice.

Kerr, Tolbert and Scott Skiles had played in Philly and that night they went to Atlantic City to play some blackjack. Some jamoke is at their table and recognizes them. He proceeds to tell the three NBA players about his coulda/woulda/shoulda high school basketball career, derailed by injuries, etc. After a while, Skiles had enough, and says loudly, under his breath, "Yup....everyone's got a scrapbook....." Apparently it did the trick and the guy slunk off.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In case you went to bed early last night.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Reese seems to be trying to turn it the response to her trash gesturing into a racial thing. In that light, Jill Biden's comment looks worse.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Mulkey and the gang using this "slight" as an excuse to not go to the White House.

8. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

"Seems to be" feels very generous.

It's straight racial at this point. Her quote about "I'm standing up for people who look like me" as justification for her behavior at the end of that game feels as racist as anything I've seen in a while.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah we all know the world of basketball is a remaining bastion of anti-Black racism.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But they tried just as hard as LSU.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dr. Jill thinks there should be TWO Shining Moments.....

Does ESPN do one for the women?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Y'all disrespected us all year! Nobody thought we could do this! Except US!" ™

Draft saved Draft deleted