1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The diners and restaurants will pay up or they won't. What's the problem?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'll not stand for slandering the delicious squirrel. Get me some squirrel dumplings and I'm set on a winter day.

garrow, 2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

My takeout costs 50% more than it used to.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My wife used to use the delivery apps when I was working on Friday nights. I think her breaking point was when she got a Wendy's value meal delivered and it cost almost $30.

Azrael likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Exactly.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Squirrel gravy on toast.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Come on over to the World Championship Squirrel Cookoff in Bentonville in the fall. Everything from traditional Ozark recipes to Top Chef folks doing gourmet preparations and you get to taste them all.

FileNotFound and Driftwood like this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'll tell this on myself because it's been 30 years, and it's a message board.

When I lived in Charleston, I was in your standard duplex apartment complex: buildings, pool, clubhouse, tennis court, etc. all surrounding a big lake/pond with fountains, etc. Pretty much a standard cookie cutter place in the early 90s. Plenty of small wildlife running around.
    I had gone squirrel hunting, brought several home, cleaned, dressed, in the freezer. You know the drill. I came home from work one evening and decided that's what I wanted for supper. I took one out to thaw so I could cook him.
    Weeeellllllll, in the time it took to thaw, I might have got drunk and fell asleep.
    When I woke up, I was no longer hungry and generally surly.
    I opened the front door and chucked the squirrel into the lake.
    A couple of days later I was at the pool and overheard people thinking Jeffrey Dahmer was living in the apartment complex.
    For those who don't know what a cleaned squirrel looks like, I'm not going to tell you, but it's not something you'd expect to find floating in your complex lake.
    I just kept my mouth shut.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Squirrels, man.

From a thread of yore:

Squirrels have insulated teeth. They eat electricity. It makes them powerful.
    I do not welcome our rodent overlords.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Tough. Pick it up instead.

When was used to? Before GrubHub?

2muchcoffeeman and Azrael like this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Pre-Grub Hub.

Not even tallying the cost increases due to pandemic or inflation.

Again, the setting for my complaint is New York City, where delivered food is a not a special occasion, but the norm.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Now I have to rethink every like I’ve ever gotten from Azrael.

2muchcoffeeman and Azrael like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted