1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You Can't See Me | Know Your Meme

2. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's just dumb. The way Clark does it in the clip being show the most, it looks like she's giving the "You've got a little something on your face there; would you like a napkin?" gesture.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I would submit the next time Reese uses the gesture that she not direct it at the player who outscored her 30-15.

Liut likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We're still riffing about women's basketball three days after the final was played. I think that's a win for the sport. Add Bueckers coming back for UConn to the plethora of other stars returning and next year ought to be a lot of fun.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I wonder what percentage of the country cares now. 98.998 percent?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Over/under on day of Bueckers' season-ending injury?

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I come back to the fact that Clark talked crap to someone who was trash talking her. And I don’t believe she was trash talking Reese. And Reese’s defense is basically that people are always trying to bring her down? Who, the top coach who recruited her to transfer to a powerhouse?

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It's a team game.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Reese certainly did her part to raise the profile of women's basketball.

10. Brian J Walter

And yet Reese made it all about herself. And went out of her way to track down Clark afterward. Clark got millions to watch a women's game. She directed an unprecented number of eyes to their sport. Reese should be doing the "You can't see me, but I can see you, so may I please kiss your ass for all the NIL money I'm going to get, thanks to you getting people to tune in" gesture.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Who’s Carter?

12. Brian J Walter

My phone's inabililty to understand what I'm saying. Thanks for the heads-up.

Draft saved Draft deleted