1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

How about the Rays winning six straight on the run line to start the season ... and -2.5, and -3.5.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Yeah well they beat the dogass Tigers and Nationals, let's see how they do now that they're going to play a real team like the...oh shit, they're playing the A's next. And then the Red Sox. Then the Blue Jays followed by the Reds. They might have a Brewers in '87 kind of start.

3. playthrough

Make it eight straight all on a -3.5 run line. That's the kind of run where if you had put $100 on that in the first game and rolled it over every time, by the eighth game you'd be well into six figures.

You'd also be barred from every book on the planet, but by golly you'd have a story.

exmediahack likes this.
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Korean Baseball.

Hanwha Eagles are 1-5… but 6-0 to the over. Apparently they have horrendous pitching.

Next game at 1 am ET against first-place SSG. Total only 8.5.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I’ll try to wake up a little bit of a winner …

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

6-1 now. They lost 3-0 to SSG Landers.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

So the trend is turning. :)

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fuck, I haven’t won even a middling parlay in ages. Took Rays run line and Pirates and Giants ML today with a boost to get it to like +460. Shoutout Michael Conforto for that 8th inning homer. Because it was grim for a minute. Patience pays off.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Nine straight! Also, it should barely count b/c they are playing some awful teams. Curious to see how they do going forward.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Also, the pain. I forgot I had a profit boost that had to be used by tonight, so I decided 10 minutes ago to put $2 on Soto homering. He just doubled off the top of the CF wall.

11. playthrough

Politely disagree with you there, even bad teams win some and to have nine straight beatdowns of this size is nuts.

exmediahack likes this.
  12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yeah, I'm mostly being flippant. Nine in a row is impressive regardless of margin. But they really have played some bad teams! Tigers, Nats & A's could all average 100 losses (possibly b/c the A's will lose 140).

playthrough likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted