1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Been my experience you apologize when you say something inflammatory or offensive. “I’m going to tell Joe to invite Iowa too because they played such a good game," is neither. Now, had Jill said "Iowa was robbed by these trash officials and I'm going to have Joe invite both teams as a result," that's different. Regardless, I'm over LSU and their many axes that need to be ground.

jr/shotglass and Liut like this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Picking nits and all, but from what I saw, Clark did that one time, against Louisville. Not "for weeks" or "the past few weeks"

2muchcoffeeman and Liut like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Point taken.

Liut and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

“The LSU sophomore was subjected to such intense vitriol online that you would have thought she had used her hand to smack Clark,” Hill writes. The media personality Keith Olbermann called Reese “a fucking idiot.” Dave Portnoy, the founder of Barstool Sports, described Reese as “a classless piece of shit.”⁠

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what "carries herself unapologetically" means.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

^^ do what I want when I want and fuck off, haters.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

“And you should celebrate me for it.”
    General rule: Most “unapologetic “ people are disproportionately likely to be jerks.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That's the thing. It seems like she thinks that not only should she be immune from any criticism (when she's acted like a jerk a few times during this), but she's obviously gunning for those sweet, sweet "YASSS QUEEN" RTs.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And this rush to make it a racial and/or gender issue.

I've been hating white male pricks (Ilie Nastase, Jimmy Connors, Bobby Fischer, Bobby Knight) long before I ever decided I didn't like a female athlete.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I actually think its a good moment for women's sports that their is a legit anti-hero in the game. And would Jemele describe Trump as carrying himself unapologeticly?"t And using it as a "positive trait?" Hope Solo? Tonya Harding?

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Gotta ask Holly Rowe. She seems to believe she has a handle on it.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted