1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Down the street local mobster Richie "The Boot" Boiardo had a garden of statues of family members -- and himself, on horseback in full military regalia.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Or instead, dems can put money into winnable races by shoring up Michigan, PA, and Georgia and ensuring Wisconsin stays blue. That would have down-ballot effects too.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The weird thing thinking about Marshall is that - yes he holds on, Hillary wins, Obama gets Garland through its conceivably a liberal majority - but one that was also made possible by three GOP nominees retiring during a Dem president's term in Blackmun, Souter and Stevens. So then it would be 9-0

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

dixiehack and matt_garth like this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What that Politico story tells me: Kevin McCarthy is the stupidest fucking politician to ever go to D.C., and that's saying something.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That also assumes Gore beats Bush. It would more likely be 7-2 (Roberts, Alito). I'd take that.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"One of my judges...I don't know his name.....but he's mine....banned the abortion pill. The minestrone pill. Very small pill. Big problems, though. Very big problem, that minestrone pill. OK?"--Donald J. Trump, criminal defendant

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Been a depressing and frustrating few days of political news.

But, at least it's heartwarming to know Ron DeSantis got an atomic wedgie and kicked in the nuts by Disney.

Guy looking more and more like all hat, no cattle on the national stage.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Tommy Tuberville is still in D.C.

Twirling Time likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I know slippery slope blah blah, and I have no dog in the abortion pill fight…. But this is one time when the FDA or whoever just needs to say “fuck this judge, let’s see him enforce his ruling.”

either that, or rename the drug and grant it emergency immediate authorization.

Draft saved Draft deleted