1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She was nude a couple times in GLOW. Maybe this is her thing now. There are certainly worse things.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If this is her branding, I welcome this.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Still odd seeing Trudy Campbell hook up with Harry Crane.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Picard Season 3 took an interesting turn. Man, they were wallowing in it for a while, though.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, it caught me much more by surprise in GLOW. Wasn't expecting anything like that.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don’t know how to say this without spoiling anything so …

I didn’t expect them to wrap up the Videk thread before the finale. I guess it makes sense because they have to stop the Frontier Day terrorist act and they can’t do that with her there. I am also wondering if we’re about to get a Discovery tie-in with Jack’s red door.

8. outofplace

I think they were always working toward a relatively-quiet moment with the entire crew back together, but they weren't going to get that with her still in the mix. What I don't get is how that stopped her. Changelings can survive and function in space.

That said, she isn't the big bad. Whatever that was that has been threatening her is the big bad. Regarding the connection to Discovery, I've only seen one episode of that show, so I'm not getting that reference.

9. Spartan Squad

I’ll admit it's a stretch but Michael keeps seeing an Angel in a red glow. In that, they are being attacked by a malevolent AI, so mildly similar. I’m sure this Red Door is just something to do with the Great Link but I can’t shake the feeling.

10. outofplace

They are dropping quite a few hints that he is connected to the Pah Wraiths, including the red eyes and Troi sensing a darkness that isn't actually him, but I'm guessing that is a red herring.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

After catching up on season 4 of Mayans, kinda glad its ending at the end of 5. They spent half a season getting you to care about six or so new characters and the last half of the season killing them off. And there is one death that pretty much sent the show down a cul-de-sac with no way out. Pretty sure the season also set a record for F-words per episode. Entire scenes with nothing but that word said. Not sure we're supposed to be emotionally involved with anyone left breathing.

12. Spartan Squad

I forgot about them. That’s more likely than my idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted