1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The Giants are in a worst-case scenario when it comes to their catching situation. Roberto Perez just went on the 60-day IL after something in his shoulder went sproing yesterday. Joey Bart, who is close to being a first-round bust, is still rehabbing in Sacramento and won't be eligible to come off the IL until next week. Non-roster invitee Gary Sanchez hasn't even gotten assigned to a roster.

So it's Rule 5 pick Blake Sabol and over-the-hill Austin Wynns behind the plate. Not ideal.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They seem to really like Sabol, so maybe he can do a decent job.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Batman and maumann like this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Saturday in the park: The Tigers are now 0-2 on Saturdays, having lost 12-2 at Tampa and 14-5 at home to Boston.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

^^ some cray shit there.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’ve seen Junior Legion games with better pitching.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Catching is such a hard thing to project. The Mets are going to start Francisco Alvarez tomorrow, and I'm sure it will be greeted in the usual calm and rational matter in New York, where Gary Sanchez was The Man, until he wasn't.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’ll take credit. I’m in Chattanooga for the first time in at least a decade (can highly recommend Alleia for dinner).

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And I know it's early, but I fear the rest of the team isn't much better. Where oh where are the prospects that were supposed to be ready when the "bad" contracts were gone?

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Gary Sanchez went from All-Star with 34 home runs in 2019, to 23 home runs in 2021 to no one wanted him on a major league roster in 2023.

maumann likes this.
  11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Roberto Perez’s body broke in Cleveland and it’s never going to be put back together. Shame, because between his defense and power, he was an elite catcher in 2019.

Draft saved Draft deleted