1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, they would be WORKING during these two years.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So that debt relief would be in lieu of salary?

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Eleven years ago, I was in your/our old stomping grounds for a high school graduation. When the school principal announced that this graduating class had accumulated the highest amount of college scholarship money in the district's history and had X-amount of kids going on to post-secondary school, there was barely a murmur from the crowd. When he announced that Y amount of kids were heading to the military, there was a standing ovation.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

While Jim Jordan flaps his cauliflower ears the DA does the wisest thing of all - lets the courts take care of the problem.

These individuals were not meant to collide with intelligent people.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sure. Give them room and board while building rock cabins in national parks like the WPA and CCC, maybe minimum wage for incidentals, and student loan debt relief.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No. And with respect to your valid concern over the national debt, that shouldn’t be the consideration.

My generation is priced out of the home market in plenty of places in no small thanks to the debt we carried out of college. We did what was expected of us: Went to college seeking good careers. We came out not getting paid what we were expecting nor did we have as much disposable income as we expected. Yes some went the liberal arts route and had unrealistic expectations. Yes some of us have figured it out as we move into our late 30s. But if we could have future generations be able to afford college if they want to go, and get job experience, and be freed up to buy houses sooner it’s a win for the economy.

Specifics would need to be sorted but it works be a win for the middle and lower classes.

9. BTExpress

Some salary, some debt relief. At the very least interest is forgiven.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Jordan is flailing because everything he's tried has amounted to jack squat so far.

And a "field trip" hearing in New York City? Get the fuck outta here. Desperate and pathetic. Give 'em the Marge treatment.

For such an "awful" city they sure all want to come here and make a show, don't they?

11. BTExpress

Hell, I have zero debt --- and am priced out of the home market in plenty of places.

Let's say I sell my 2,150 sf home on half an acre in a nice, gated golf course community, take $400,000 with me to San Jose . . . and then what? Put $400K down and take out a $300K mortgage . . . to buy THIS? (The only 3/2 single family home listed for less than $800K). With property taxes $5,o00 more per year than what I pay now?

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/443-Jackie-Dr_San-Jose_CA_95111_M17668-03666

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Gym, Marge and Bobert are alike. Tbey just want to be on TV and talk a lot, even though what they say is absolute bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted