1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The Angels hosted the Nationals for a Wednesday afternoon game. Attendance was 17,780. Some local school districts are on spring break, but man, that had to be a tough sell. A quick google search couldn't find it, but that has to be one of the smallest crowds at Anaheim Stadium in years. Although, they only drew 27,390 the previous night when Shohei Ohtani started.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Only reason I didn’t go is I hate the Trop
    Never been to Amelie Arena but the Bucs and Lightning have no trouble drawing fans

maumann likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm really in the minority with the Trop. I went there about 12-13 years ago for a Phillies-Rays interleague matchup, and I thought it was quite cozy.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The appeal of the Trop was it was cheap, it was air conditioned and it was an excuse to go to Florida for the weekend instead of Atlanta yet again. But the building itself is ass.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's an embarrassing number with Ohtani on the mount. And agree, that's a bad figure today, but the fans have no hope and things were dashed when Arte decided not to sell.

Only 22,000 and change at Coors today with the Cardinals in town. At least the train wasn't jam packed on the way home from the office.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rays are 12-0.

1st storyline of '23.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I went to a Rocks-Cards game in 2003 while moving to the PNW. Jester looking dude was the beer vendor in the outfield where I sat. I met a young couple/fuck buddies in the stands, and she went into the bathroom and took pictures of her tits for me.

Cards won in extras. I think Kerry Robinson or maybe Matheny hit a HR in extras, and then I had to walk back to my downtown hotel because the shuttle stopped running by then.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Interesting. I think the sideways K and circled BB are good, common-sense solutions. Although if you're still using a Scoremaster, the circle wouldn't work.

Does anyone still use Scoremaster?

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Captain Earthman!

swingline likes this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

And the latest games are against Boston, so you know there's a ton of Red Sox fans the last couple days

Jake from State Farm and maumann like this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

As someone who has been to every park, it is the worst -- barely above Arizona when the roof is closed and Oakland.

Jake from State Farm and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted