1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And Merrick Garland rolls over gently in bed, vaguely troubled by an uneasy dream.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well the city would be safer if Steve Bartman didn’t get in the way of the Bowling Green Massacre.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jim Jordan's "Medal of Freedom" was an advance.

Woody Long likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The “there’s not as many murders as there used to be“ might be the strangest argument in the progressive arsenal.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, facts are for losers.

Della9250 and wicked like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So many Ls.

garrow likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what Fox News' endgame is here.

If I'm Dominion I'm not dropping this suit, ever, even if I'm offered an eleventy billion dollar settlement. Every bit of discovery has made Fox News and its personalities look like a bunch of frauds.

Murdoch et al seemingly don't care. Neither does Fox News' audience. Every time one host leaves (Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly), he's replaced with someone further out in Bananaland. The crazies feed into the hosts' batshitness and that feeds into the crazies, etc.

Eventually someone is going to have to rip off the Band-Aid and this cycle will end. At least you'd think that.

Then again with OAN and Newsmax and RSBN and all the other channels for the kooks out there, we're just going further into the abyss.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I want Fox News to go the way of Gawker but it won’t. This should be an eye opener for the industry to actually fact check and fire people who pose a literal billion-dollar liability for the company. But it won’t. The fact they peddle in lies is a problem they want to have. They have no honor, no values and they will make their money back in a year.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

California Democrats circling around for Feinstein's seat.

Rep. who is co-chair for Barbara Lee, one of the candidates, gets things going saying she needs to resign.

Likely(?) because the governor has said he would appoint a Black woman if Feinstein steps down, probably opening the door for Lee to get the job full time, though Schiff and Porter are also running.

Feinstein says nah, but asks to have a temporary replacement on the judiciary committee.

Feinstein, facing calls to resign, vows to return to Senate but asks to step away from committee

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He said that living with democracy
    Was bringing him down, yeah
    And he would never be free
    When Dems were around

He's got something to hide
    But he don't care

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The judiciary committee has been the tipping point in her prolonged absence. Without her the deadlock is keeping them from appointments and confirmations. If she was in a situation where her resigning would change the balance of power I get hanging on, but if you are going to miss as many votes as she has and the end game is to be replaced by your party and you turn 90 in two months and you've had the job for 31 years, it's probably time.

2muchcoffeeman, maumann and Driftwood like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

“I feel unsafe.”

Yeah, well, you should’ve felt less safe back then because there were more murders.”

I have no idea what she felt in 1996 or whether she even knows what she felt. My point is progressives are bizarrely sanguine about hard, serious crime that does not involve long guns. Why, I dunno.

Draft saved Draft deleted