1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I appreciate baseball players being marketed, but I only recognize one player in this BMW commercial, and that’s because Walker Buehler is a Dodger. The other guys are Byron Buxton, Nestor Cortes and Ozzie Albies. All are familiar names, but not familiar faces.

The 2023 BMW XM: Leaving Baseball Superstars Speechless

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Uh ... pics or GTFO?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Perhaps more people like me who are not even mad at Arte. Just not interested any more.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I mean, if you are MLB, you want those four guys to Betts, Correa, Judge and Acuna.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That’s him! I sat in the bleachers that night. I’ve got a pic of him, too. Somewhere.

MileHigh likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

" ... wanna have a catch?"

maumann, Batman and UNCGrad like this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

*charges the mound*

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Literally did one five-minute task at work, looked up, and the Rays had turned a 3-1 deficit into an 8-3 lead. Side note: Pitching is going to be a major, major problem for Baltimore, which has now allowed 23 runs in two-plus games to an ass Oakland lineup.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Maybe the Rays will go 155-7 then lose in the ALDS.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The Rays are in Toronto this weekend which aside from Kevin Gausman (who pitched last night) has had meh-to-lousy starting pitching so far.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The best team of my lifetime was the ‘84 Tigers, who started 35-5. This Rays club compares favorably to that one. Solid pitching top to bottom, and enough big bats to reliably score runs.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted