1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's in a giant world of hurt. He's fixing to be a giant contrast to the Trump document case, although he's done huge immediate damage. He's gonna be spending a lot of time in a cell.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Leavenworth military prison. Big fun.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yet she continues to live in a major urban area, despite all the earth-shaking increase in crime that these urban areas (dog whistle for places where BLACK PEOPLE!!! live) supposedly have.

Move back to Pigs Knuckle, Arkansas or Buck Teeth, Oklahoma then. If crime is as bad as you say.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and wicked like this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Prohibiting the generals from playing golf at those high-end military courses will end that shit right quick.

"What!? No access to Congressional?!"

Baron Scicluna and garrow like this.
  5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This was not where I was expecting to encounter former White Sox farmhand Scott Cepicky. Not that I was really expecting to encounter him anywhere.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Eight bylines. Impressive.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I just got back from my first trip "home" to Nashville in nearly 5 years. I arrived into a glittering new airport that looked like a nondescript shopping mall from 1995...a Tootsie's "bar" in the concourse does not a Nashville heritage make.
    I asked a friend who spent a career as a state civil servant, visiting every county many times to hand out checks for small state-funded construction projects, "just what the fuck has happened to this state?" His reply, "The crazy and the racism has always been here, but it was all undercover. Trump and his ilk have let everyone let their true colors fly."
    I went to my favorite meat-and-three to relive the last meal my daddy and brother had together, only it was closed. As was our favorite hamburger joint. And our favorite drive-thru fast-food burgers. Plenty of places to try on a new AK-47 or Glock, though. Or have a few overpriced cocktails with the bachelorettes.

But the most disappointing turn for the town was how its legacy of beautiful, middle-class, bricked, ranch-style houses that made up 80% of the housing stock in the post-war to this recent boom are being quickly replaced by "tall-and-skinnys", duplexes that tower over their original neighbors, feature a hodge-podge of designs (some of which look like you should be pulling in to them for an oil change--I'm talking to you, monstrosities at Granny White and Harding Place!*) and each cost more than $1M. Nothing says you've sold out your heritage like a corrugated-aluminum clad 3 story townhome sporting a "We Stand With Covenant" sign next to the red ribbon tied around the one tree left in the yard.

Nashville, you can GFY.

*Google Maps

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Over/under on when he proclaims "I thought Trump would help me" in a jailhouse interview?

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't think you're stupid. Never said you were.

You, on the other hand, might think I take my talking points from someone who hasn't been here in years - someone with whom I rarely agreed.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm actually not the one who said that. My reaction was more in the vein of "Go on ..."

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's why I said "might." Not sure what Hmmmm means.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Jesus, dude. My whole post was about how you can’t think and here you are blaming someone else and proving me right.

“rarely agreed” is that your new “I’m not a Republican” or whatever nonsense you’re peddling with week?

Fred siegle likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted