1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

A busted clock is correct twice a day.

I do find it funny that the New York Times was on this guy's doorstep before the FBI. Either the FBI is that clueless, or it was laying back for some reason.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Maybe he'll rip a page from history and seek succor from the Pope.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

He's a real nowhere man
    Living in Mar-A-Lago land
    Projecting all his crazy schemes
    On MAGA rubes

He's as ignorant as can be
    Lying every day on Fox TV
    Nowhere man
    We're tired of your "winning"

Nowhere man, please listen
    We're not buying what you're griftin'
    The rest of us just want you detained

Nowhere man, we can't unsee
    The bankrupt fraud you'll always be
    Stop making plans
    To run again for nobody

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Do Boomers really fear irrelevancy so much that we’re going to just hang well past the expiration date just because?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He had access to literally infinite amounts of cash every day four years. The only thing that would have stopped him was that it was illegal and he might get prosecuted. Tee hee.

Hundreds of billions, maybe trillions. Of course that doesn't stop him grifting his dupe disciples for $20 at a time for t shirts and shit.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Dipshit has to wait until his minions in the state legislature pass a law to overturn the state law forbidding sitting governors from running for higher office without resigning

Driftwood likes this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Technically they aren't Boomers because they are older than Boomers... and still hanging on.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Blame the voters. They know how old these people are.

But the seniority system rewards tenure, so they accrue more influence over time.

And if your Senator or Representative brings home the pork, it's hard to retire them.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Plastics"

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

not telling you anything you don’t know; but if Indiana outdoes your state in a matter of basic government competence, that is some sad shit.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

In this particular case, wit Feinstein, it's that she is no longer showing up to do the job. Perhaps 5 years ago when the voters had a say, she was still capable. Of course, I'd have to look back, but I figure no Democrat challenged her.

OscarMadison and Azrael like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

None did. It tales bazillions to run a Senate campaign in California and doing so in a longshot race was not appretizing. Azrael, I don't think voter appreciation for seniority's benefits has much to do with Feinstein's continual re-elections. It's more voter apathy and inertia. "If I voted for X six years ago, than it's got to be an OK vote today."

Draft saved Draft deleted