1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The Red Sox are soul-crushing to watch. Might have to cancel my MLB.TV subscription starting May 1. I can't pay to torture myself like this all summer.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That's one big cake for the early 90s Braves clubhouse

Batman likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Of course, they haven’t quantified just how much less they are making from beer sales. Why believe them?

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I never believe owners either but half an hour less drinking time x several thousand people (except in Oakland & Tampa) is A LOT OF MONEY.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Maddux still regrets all those times he farted near the big-ass birthday cake but didn't blow up the clubhouse.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Who cares anyway? They're fuckin billionaires.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Which means a lot of parents of future baseball stars were having a fun time around the Fourth of July and the middle of July.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What percentage of people at a MLB game do we estimate are buying adult beverages? What percentage of that handful do we estimate are buying so frequently they’re in danger of missing a sale because the end of the seventh came 23 1/3 minutes sooner than before on average? How much of that could they make up by opening the gates 30 minutes sooner for all these people who are allegedly just dying to be at the park as long as possible?

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

They don't want people in the park for batting practice.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers for Trumpist baseball. Domestic abuser and COVID denialist Mike Clevinger leaves with a 3-0 lead, but his bullpen blows it.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Which is a shame. I used to love watching BP as a kid. And it’s a great time for players to connect with fans, especially kids.

And it solves the missing 20 minutes from beer sales that could have served, what, 75 extra people?

Draft saved Draft deleted