1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Teams would rather players limit their swings and conserve their energy for the game. I'm sure they're probably right, but it takes something away from the experience. Also, most players would prefer not to have to not sign autographs.

But there's no way only 75 beer drinkers are impacted by the shorter game times. I'd bet it's hundreds upon hundreds. You couldn't pay me enough to waste money drinking beer at a ballpark, but people are insane.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Mers broadcast crew telling the story of a possum living in the Oakland visitor’s broadcast booth and smelling it up so bad that they were put in a different spot.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was exaggerating for a point. Product on the field >>>> beer sales in terms of how much money is made or lost for clubs.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the Rays are human after all.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oakland’s Hogan Harris made his big league debut against the Mets tonight. He got Vogelbach to ground out, then walked four guys, hit Nimmo with a bases loaded pitch, and allowed a bases clearing double to Lindor. Then he walked another guy.

His career ERA is 162.00 and his career WHIP is 15.0. Yes, the decimals are in the correct places.

Mets are up 12-3 and have walked 12 times. And it’s only the fifth inning.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I'm also watching this and there are no words to describe how bad Oakland is.

7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

When it comes to beer sales, always remember, most sales are two beers per dude.*

*I may have some experience here.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was getting pissed off at Kotsay. How do you not at least have either the catcher or the pitching coach go out there to get him to take a deep breath?

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Classic example of a guy hired to be fired.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Happened last season and apparently nothing was done about it during the offseason. On Opening Day, the Angels announcers were talking about working in the stench. The next day, the press box usher brought them scented candles.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Would love to have heard Harry Caray say Bellinger at least once.

Draft saved Draft deleted