1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

LOL
    Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 11.32.17 PM.png

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in Japan …

4. Neutral Corner

This is good analysis. Dahlia Lithwick is very good covering the Supremes.

5. Neutral Corner

Anyone who didn't think we had people in UKR was willfully blind. What we don't have is our military out in the field. They've got a team attached to the embassy that's trying to keep an eye on where the materiel is going, who also do some training I'd imagine. You can bet that there are contractors there who've hired teams of ex US military guys as cadre in the field training. Some of those teams resigned from our Army when the international force was formed and went on over. Wouldn't surprise me at all if some of them re-enlisted once they were back from being out in the field.

Sorta like they detached and went in as civilians semi-clandestinely.

wicked and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Not willing to speculate that far, but I'll put it this way: Odds are exorbitantly high that we have surreptitious non-combatant trainers in country. By "non-combatant" I mean military and civilian contractors.

Erik Prince can talk all the political mess the wants, but I guarantee you his former Blackwater is getting a slice of the pie.

wicked and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

8. Twirling Time

Impeaching Clarence is pissing in the wind. There aren't the votes.

There is one solution:

Pac Man - Google Search

9. Twirling Time

I've been slaving away in the depths of my laboratory trying to figure why the GOP is dead set on bucking popular opinion on guns and abortion.

One is hubris: They think their margin is good in certain states no matter what. But another is more sinister: They think their local and national decisions will be frozen in time when the Coup happens.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks we just send our latest military tech and weapons with only an instruction manual, yeah. Of course we have "people" over there. The guns and abortion stuff? Maybe once enough states make a potential Republican president mathematicallly impossible - perhaps. They still have a virtual lock on holding off a cloture vote in the Senate. Seems hard to believe states like SD, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri once had Dem Senators not too long ago.

Liut likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted