1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wish I shared your enthusiasm for the current Giants. I know it's early, but none of the guys you mentioned strike fear into opposing pitchers, and the lineup with them looks like another bunch assembled at various garage sales while the prospects they keep touting are perpetually in Single-A. And I don't have a lot of confidence in management to fix things beyond rearranging the deck chairs after last winter's failures. I'm all for mulligans after the lost covid season, but what they're seeing on the spreadsheets and what's happening on the field are two different things.

maumann likes this.
  2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Brett Baty is being recalled by the Mets, thereby placating a frothing fanbase that will pivot from wondering where he is to why he's here when he strikes out in his first at-bat tomorrow night.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Giants.

maumann likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Slater and Haniger are not turning this team around. They strike out the most in baseball and can only score when they hit a homer. They are mediocre in most other categories. Prospects are non existent even though the farm system was highly touted not that long ago. Farhan said no move was too small. Apparently that means only small moves. They’ve had one winning season since he got here.

This team will continue to be meh until he’s gone.

maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

David Bell can’t stay employed much longer can he? Phillies bat around and score nine in the first in Cincy. No wonder Pete Rose was in Nashville on his birthday. It’s not Bell’s fault; they were halfway decent for a couple years until the owners decided it was too expensive to run a baseball team and threw overboard everyone making more than two dimes. (Except Votto, no one will take him.) Bell is probably begging to be fired.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Gerrit Cole threw a two-hit shutout and was somehow allowed to throw 109 pitches.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The amazing thing to me is that I was really ticked that the Tigers drafted Matt Manning instead of Joey Bart. And Bart's just never figured things out. I'm worried Torkelson may turn out to be another 1-1 bust.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So, after five hours without rain, Giants-Tigers was rained out. Ridiculous. And you'd think the Tigers would want to play today after walking off the Giants twice.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the Dodgers at all, but the home-plate ump gave them no chance at all in the 9th in a 3-2 loss to the Cubs. Punching guys out on pitches 1-2 balls off the plate.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Angels' annual tradition of going to Boston and take 20 steps back continues. Ohtani on the mound for Patriots Day. So another 2-1 loss coming.

ChrisLong likes this.
  11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Game starts at 8 a.m. PDT. Yawn. Today they played in 1:57. If they do the same tomorrow, I'll miss half the game.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I tried warning everyone!!!! :D

dixiehack, BTExpress and ChrisLong like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted