1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The Venn diagram of meat and manhood is a perfect circle named Jordan Peterson.

I Should Coco and UPChip like this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Maria Bartiromo and her brilliant "insanity defense."

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Folkenflik last week spent 25 paragraphs creating the impression that Bret Baier is an honorable journalist. The 26th paragraph shared the Nov. 5 direct quote of Baier asking to pull Fox’s call of Biden’s Arizona win.

Folkenflik can go fuck himself.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It’s also one issue that hasn’t been politicized to a cartoonish degree, primarily because it’s so widespread. Which means it would take real effort to fix with no real political benefit.

And we just can’t have that …

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Barack Obama was in actual reality pretty much a clone of "Rockefeller Republican" Bill Milliken. Remember the much reviled Obamacare is functionally just a rebranded version of Romneycare.

Yet the nonstop shrieking about Obama the radical libbural socilist, etc etc

wicked likes this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

New sign at Disney: You have to be this tall to be President.

swingline likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Maybe there will be a sternly worded tweet in response. That will show em.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I will say Baier is a bit more neutral than Hume. The Fox call on Arizona was the earliest of the news orgs - you could say he just worried they were getting over their skis a bit.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For the thousandth time, Fox “calling” Arizona after the polls closed in every state has nothing to do with who actually won Arizona or the general election. Either you believe the math in Fox’s predictive models or you don’t (and there is ex-post a belief that Fox may have been a bit too early).

The people at Fox were concerned because poor baby Trump didn’t like to hear bad news, that it would make it harder for Trump and his people to claim the election was stolen and that it would piss off their viewers. Baier didn’t want Fox to be first because it would give the network greater cover if they weren't, not for any legitimate mathematical reasons.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was just going to add that - since the "call" was moot and didn't change anything. The vote was the vote. And I don't know what Baier's motivations were - but I do think wanting more "cover" is a safe bet. There was a case that could be made when networks called the Reagan landslide in '84 when polls were still open in the west impacting voting - but all voting was done by the time Arizona was called.

Draft saved Draft deleted