1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

All these years of you being you conditioned us not to listen. :)

2. outofplace

Tampa starter Jeffrey Springs left his start Thursday with what turned out to be inflammation of his ulnar nerve, a problem that is expected to keep him out for two months. The test results were in Friday. Reports that he would be out two months surfaced Saturday. He still isn't on the IL. The Rays seem to be going a man short until they need his replacement, which sure seems like a service time game with Taj Bradley.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

They may throw a bullpen game and then add someone like Cooper Criswell as an option.

4. outofplace

Hell, maybe they can save some money by keeping Spring active the entire two months or more that he is out!

5. maumann

At least all the way until Summer is ready.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Everyone the last two weeks: Maybe we were wrong to be annoyed by the Rays.

The Rays: Watch this!

7. maumann

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Garden Grove, Fullerton, Santa Ana and Orange County don't seem to have any trouble playing Breakfast in Boston so far today. Plated four runs and batted around in the first inning against the Sawx.

Shades of Bobby Knoop, Paul Schaal, Rick Reichardt, Clyde Wright and George Brunet! (Man, I loved me some mid-'60 Angels.)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    jr/shotglass and MileHigh like this.
  8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

The rain delay made it Brunch in Boston and the Angels are doing this all without Mike Trout, who is clearly the most overrated player in baseball history!

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Now they have Ohtani throwing warmup pitches in ankle deep water as the ground crew mixes mud pies out of QuikDry

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Another fine day for Rob Manfred's creations!

11. Starman

Get the headline writers ready as Ohtani blows an ACL as his foot slides on the muddy mound

12. Starman

He got through a 1-2-3 inning, there are still standing water puddles on the infield dirt.

The Red Sox are home tomorrow night while the Angels are at the Yankees, I guess I don't get the hell-bent mania to play this game right now, right this second. Put the tarp on, go back in the clubhouse for a couple hours, then if it quits raining finish it up.

I understand LAA wants to finish off the win, but IMO they're fuckin fools to send Ohtani out to slip and slide around on a quagmire mound.

Here he comes -- on deck.

And here comes the tarp.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted