1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I understand why Argentineans and Uruguayans eat a lot o f meat. The countries are basically gigantic cow pastures. But wy would people in Hong Kong eat so much meat?

maumann likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Duh. Trumpism.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is becoming performance art on both sides of the eternal board argument.

FAFFC3CB-DF7D-4BA1-BFAC-2F9CC007EBF8.png

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the middle. When you frame issues like this as a moral imperative instead of a policy issue, as the right has done for 20-30 years, you convince people that it doesn't matter that they're not in the majority or anything close to it. For example, if you portray abortion as baby murder, the people who buy that aren't going to care about the demographics or perception and will probably throw that quote (from George Washington Carver, I think) about how just because something is a majority opinion it doesn't make it right. So it's not like they want to overturn the government just because, they've convinced themselves the righteousness of their cause is more important just like someone speeding in their private car to get to the hospital. And honestly, that's not even specifically a right thing. The left has shown similar patterns regarding things like climate change and civil rights.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I don’t remember where I ate in Amsterdam
    I remember where I got high

wicked likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We'll be colonizing other planets by the time these great grandkids have to worry about anything.

Or so I was told in the late 1970s.

8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I remember being on a wild cab ride with a driver named Franz. That is all I can recollect, either.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted