1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

garrow, HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was just in Columbus a few months ago, have you tried to get there? Not easy.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hell, Pittsburgh’s just about as close to Cleveland as Columbus and already has an NFL ready stadium …

2muchcoffeeman and Hermes like this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Next April Fool’s Day joke is already written…

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Rams traded receiver Allen Robinson to the Steelers. No word yet on the return, but he is due $15.2 million for 2023. I know the guy has had some big seasons, but he was nearly worthless in 2021 and '22, so I have concerns.

I see the Steelers are only paying $5 million of his salary for 2023 and the price was an exchange of seventh-round draft picks, #234 for #251. I'm a little less concerned about what they gave up, but man, the Rams really wanted the guy gone.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  8. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

You're assuming Ohio State will allow the Browns to use its facilities?

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

That's because everything in Columbus is Columbus, the epitome of sprawl, and Cleveland is tiny geographically. Cleveland's area is 82.5 square miles, barely bigger than Akron. Columbus is more than 223 square miles. Their metro areas, population-wise (and Cleveland's does not even include Akron/Canton), are virtually identical. By DMA rankings, Cleveland is significantly larger and the two are growing at an equal rate. And there's just much more to do in Cleveland, believe it or not. Columbus is what is is: a college town. A big one, but a college town nonetheless.

All that said, while it will never happen, I'd love to see the Browns leave again so fans could pay attention to the two competent organizations in town, neither of which is going anywhere, least of all Columbus. The Guardians are committed for 23 more years, the Cavs for 21. The Browns' lease is up in 5 years? Dare to dream ...

justgladtobehere likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted