1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dominion is owned by a private equity firm. They sued to protect their investment, not to strike a blow for truth, justice and the American way. They got an enormous settlement, more than Dominion is worth as a business. Also, settlement money is cash on the barrelhead. Jury awards are subject to appeal, which can take a very long time. The idea that Fox is somehow exonerated by the settlement doesn't pass a sanity, let alone laugh, test. Yeah, you paid over three-quarters of a billion to show how innocent you were.

X-Hack, maumann and Alma like this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Fox committed a crime against journalism and a tort against Dominion. It’s not Dominion’s job to get redress for the former.

X-Hack, Fred siegle, maumann and 2 others like this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... right up until one of the reps from Rupert's circus walks up with a checkbook.

Prove me wrong, Smartmatic.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Do we know how much Dominion is worth? What were past/forecast revenues?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Everything has a price. Unfortunately, that includes justice.

Were I Dominion, I would have not settled unless it involved Fox News admitting its guilt and lies every hour, on the hour, on its airwaves for the next month. I would have sacrificed money in the settlement for this. Because at least then through repetition it might eventually get through to its addled, brain-dead audience that Fox "News" is anything but. Sunshine through the darkness is the best disinfectant.

Alas, Dominion took the check. And Fox can continue polluting the minds of the gullible.

To think that most of FNC's audience at one point muttered that things such as video games, heavy-metal and hip-hop music and whatnot rotted brains. The true source of brain rot is Faux News' nonsense, which will continue unfettered.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

It's the American way. Admit no fault. Offer no apologies. Just pay them off and be on your way.

I hope I'm wrong, but right now, I don't feel like anything was settled. Dominion got paid, but nothing else was done. Rupert's circus will make it back quickly after they hijack carriage fees with their next cable deal.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Maybe. But even Rupert is not Concerned.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He's sipping on chardonnay at his L.A. vineyard.

9. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Every GOP accusation is a confession. That gold jacket must have some serious shit in his closet.

Also ...

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Have you met any PE dudes? For that ROI, they'd take an equivalent sum from Uncle Vlad to install The Switch in all of their units.

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Might have a new fiancée by the weekend

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Triple the value! Think of the shareholders!

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted