1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I'm all for making fun of all of the dumb ideas baseball is implementing, but I love the idea of removing the DH when the starter doesn't last five innings. It's the only thing that'll stop the never-ending encroachment of the bullpens. I would say you'd have to write some kind of exception in for injuries, but it'd take about 3.2 seconds for a team to fudge an injury when its starter was getting his dick knocked off. "Oh he hurt his glute." So nope, no exceptions.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing the union -- if it has a say in this process -- will agree to a provision that jeopardizes the health of some of its highest paid members.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They can name the designated runner rule after Herb Washington.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Three years later, still remarkably unprofessional. And downright stupid.
    Orioles have won seven of the past eight in the series. Another tough one for Beer Bong Brett.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Courtesy runners? Are we high school softball now?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The Milwaukee Brewers are good ... that is all.

Gutter likes this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Also his 200th career win. I'd love for him to stick around as long as possible to see what the final numbers could actually get to, but since he's already going year-to-year, I'm glad he got to that milestone.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

…..and my Royals (to the surprise of no one) are awful.
    Them and the A’s are in a race to 120 losses.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You know I'm an Orioles fan, but why are you quoting a tweet from the pandemic season?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If you’re looking for the reason Cosmo and Moddy started crying for no apparent reason about 20 minutes ago, that was the moment when the Rays radio PxP guy referred to Nats-Orioles as “tonight’s AA matchup” in the out-of-town scoreboard.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who does Madison Bumgarner make his next start for?

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Interesting conversation during the SF radio broadcast of Giants-Marlins finale today. It was noted the plate ump had just been called up from AAA, where they're experimenting with automatic umps, so this was the first time all year he was calling balls and strikes.

Also interesting: 1) A Giant just called up from Sacramento said the automatic strike zone was small, so they were hacking away at anything, and 2) Sacramento pitchers walked 17 last night.

Draft saved Draft deleted