1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Blaine Gabbert has played 10 years in the NFL, banked almost $26 million, and has a Super Bowl ring.
    Suck it, haters.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My friend dumped a really good and cool guy named Blaine back in the mid 80s in order to marry the ultimate loser asshole. I wish I had that gif then!

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ever think you'd say that 30 years ago?

4. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Of course not. But 30 years ago the Browns were four years removed from three AFC title game appearances in four seasons, five consecutive playoff trips, three division titles in five years and seven postseason berths in a decade. They are a franchise to be admired. They had yet to release their hometown hero quarterback. They were owned by a clown, but he was just a clown. Now? They've had three winning seasons and played in three playoff games in 23 years as a franchise, had a two-year stretch in which they were 1-31, won five or fewer games 14 times, drafted Johnny Manziel, signed a sexual deviant to play quarterback and gave him the worst contract in league history, and their owner is not only a clown, but a Trump-loving criminal. They are -- and should be -- a franchise looked at with derision, scorn and laughter. When the Browns moved in 1995, the town responded in such a way that the league gifted a new team in response. Now? The town would shrug and say "Meh."

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

I wish Geoff Sindelar was alive to see this mess. Pretty sure he was canned on 3WE for his criticism of Browns management back then. I could only imagine what he would say now.

6. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Neighbors!

Whatever he would say, it would be accompanied by a lot of spit.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This is a good item post!

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

Followed by a phone call from Mr. Bengal.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Doesn’t the professional team in Columbus already play on Saturday?

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

That really is one of the more remarkable clipboard-holding careers. It's one thing for the Chase Daniels or Chad Hennes of the world to make a lot of bank as backups...they were never really top prospects, so their path to riches was always pretty clear and narrow. But it's impressive to be a complete flameout as a top draft pick and then just keep making a ton of money as a little-used backup. If he's smart w/his money, no one in his family will ever have to work a day in their lives ever again. Good for him.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And he's probably on the career track to be, at worst, an offensive coordinator somewhere after he's finished playing.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

He should be on a boat on a bay somewhere after he's finished playing. Nothing more, nothing less.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted