1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Seeing the memorial at Pearl Harbor is one of my most memorable experiences. There's just a feel to that place that envelopes you.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Haven't been there yet, but seeing the skulls in the ossuary at Verdun will move you.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think it's just general dissatisfaction with life attributed to post-Covid stress disorder. People are cranky. It's all over the world, not just here. Look how Xi, the ultimate dictator wannabe, reversed his covid lockdown policies this year. He knew his people were ready to crack.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I got profiled today.
    I needed to fill one of my grill tanks and went to my local feed store because it's $2 cheaper than the exchange.
    I'm waiting my turn, and some goober starts a conversation, "Obama...."

Motherfucker, just because I am a middle aged white guy with a salt & pepper goatee, wear a cap, and drive a 4-wheel drive truck doesn't mean I share your ignorance.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You went to a feed store. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Twirler, I reckon you've never been to a feed store.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

upload_2023-4-22_22-7-40.jpeg

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

For me, it’s the white crosses at Normandy.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Seconded. And not to be one of those guys, but it bothered me to see sailors in the Japanese Navy in line with me.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

95% of it is the anti-intellectual oppositional defiant disorder powered by the right wing screech machine and the Murdoch media conspiracy around the world.

"Nobudduh gonna tell us what ta dew, specially not no smarty pants kollege boys who think there so smart. We doo are own reeserch."

Democrats in general are educated people who want to adopt intelligent policies planned by other educated people. Or moral and equitable policies planned by moral and equitable people.

MAGGATS are selfish stupid obnoxious racist sexist assholes who don't like being reminded that these are bad things. Nobudduh tellz them whut ta dew.

Humanity is imperfect.

Liberals say, "we should try to be better." MAGGATS say, "fuck you, I do what I want."

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
    tapintoamerica and Smallpotatoes like this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Drove me nuts in 92 or 93 seeing Soviet sailors in uniform on base in Norfolk buying Nirvana CDs.

HanSenSE and Woody Long like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted