1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

From the article I posted above on a county in Michigan.

Gone was the county administrator who oversaw a staff of 1,800. To run the health department, they voted to install a service manager from a local HVAC company who had gained prominence as a critic of mask mandates.

dixiehack and Woody Long like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They don't need no kollege boy smarty pants tellin em whut ta dew. Pass the horse paste and prayyyse Jayyzus.

2muchcoffeeman and Woody Long like this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Those Soviets really loved the song Comrade As You Are.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If the United States had spent the 80s and 90s bombarding every country on the planet with Levi's, CDs, Coca Cola and Crunchwrap Supremes, we could have created a global utopia.

5. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Don't be so sure. I got called for jury duty in state district court about 15 years ago. I put down on the juror questionnaire that I have a J.D., that I teach law and that I write about law for a newspaper for lawyers. I got empaneled. And after a two-day trial (only went into a second day because it got started so late the first day) I was named an alternate and didn't even get to deliberate (I had to sit in a separate room with a court officer during deliberations in case they ended up needing me. They didn't. It took about 5 minutes for them to acquit).

And when I interned for the U.S. Attorney while in law school, one of the AUSAs got called for jury duty. He got empaneled. Go figure.

tea and ease, Hermes and Woody Long like this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Shower Boy

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When's the next ribbon-cutting for a GQP gas station?

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

With that Taco Bell, we would have farted the world to death.

2muchcoffeeman and Azrael like this.
  10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The Soviets surely appreciated Kurt singing “just because you’re paranoid don’t mean they’re not after you.”

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

All around me are caucasian faces
    Worn out places, worn out faces
    So full of hate for the other races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Their tears are filling up their glasses
    No conviction, no conviction
    Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
    No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny
    I find it kind of sad
    That they think Trump is the best president we've ever had
    I find it hard to tell you 'cause I find it hard to take
    When these people run campaigns it's a very, very
    Mad world
    Mad world
    Mad world
    Mad world

maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I recall reading a story a few years ago -- don't remember who, what or where -- about the Pearl Harbor tour. I've been twice. The writer was relaying his emotions about it and he was very emotional. With all of the Japanese tourists there, he said he wanted to ask one or two what they feel when they see what happened. But he chickened out and didn't do it.
    You go out to the displays on the dock and see the Kamikaze torpedoes with no exit hatch.
    I've also been to Dachau in Germany. That was so eerie, walking through and seeing the ovens. Anybody who denies the holocaust needs to be taken there. They weren't making pizza.
    My last visit to France was in 1999 and was probably the last. I wanted to go to Normandy (my dad was there), but it didn't work out with the wishes of other family members.

Draft saved Draft deleted