1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am going to say that from the Super Bowl to the draft, the NFL Draft is the number one minute filler in all of ESPN among their vast array of blowhard shows.
    More than the NBA. Hell, MLB doesn't even exist among their sports shouting shows.

As an aside, I was watching an ABC show this week, and there was a commercial for the NFL draft on ABC. Complete with twinkly piano keys as the outro. It is clear that the ABC version will be the "stories" to get other than die hards to watch,

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Since it’s draft time tomorrow will be Peter King’s annual everybody lies about the draft except when they talk to me mock draft

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fun fact: There are three pro or college football fields with Tom Benson's name on them.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Absolutely incredible, considering there were dozens of refrigerators filled with rotting food with his name on them on the streets of New Orleans in 2005.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They’re named for Benson for the same reason the downtown libraries are named after old man Carnegie. Try to make people forget the shit they pulled to get to the top.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My general rule about draft hype - you'll hear about players linked to every team but the team that eventually drafts them.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is often the case, but not always. Some teams do tend to telegraph their first-round picks. The Steelers did it for years. Hell, they didn't really hide that they wanted Pickett last year. They just did a good job of playing up their interest in Willis, too.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

What is going on in Houston? Did the whole franchise start listening to Linkin Park and cut its hair awkwardly?

[​IMG]

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really hate that "mocked" is being tossed around as a verb as in "He's been mocked to Cleveland, New Orleans or Denver" when people are discussing where players may land.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I sincerely apologize to the board for the five prime-time games and nine 4:25 kickoffs to which you all will be subjected. I hope the mirth you get from watching this fail will, in some way, make up for it all.

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

So the Jets get Rodgers for a 2nd and likely a first next year. That's about what was likely to happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted