1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Now things are getting serious.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I was not expecting today to be the Cable News Red Wedding, but I'm all for it.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That’s the flaw in my theory, unless that trial is far enough off that they couldn’t wait.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Now, the question is… why?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Friday night I was at a boxing event in New Hampshire. The main event had two guys whose first name was Brandon facing each other. Somehow the crowd did not break out in “Let’s go Brandon!” chants.

Oggiedoggie likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

For the real media nerds, Fox’s cable carriage fees are up. They want a big increase (seems some new, large bills have recently come due ;)).

Does getting rid of their top bullshit flamethrower hurt or help in that negotiation?

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Maybe Murdoch needed to bring some pelts and skulls to the board, or face a mutiny.

Dobbs and Bartiromo are likely being dragged to the nearest window as well.

When they got rid of O'Reilly ratings went . . . up.

maumann likes this.
  9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

As has been noted, this feels like a classic example of be careful what you wish for. Something even worse will happen, whether it be in primetime or Tucker running for president, that will make us look back on today as a good ol' day. Still, it's nice to know there'll be a few days where braying fucking morons will need to find something else to watch and a few days where I don't have to see his smug face being fact-checked to the moon on Twitter.

wicked and maumann like this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

View from Clay and Buck:

Tucker probably already has 100 offers from media companies since the news broke. Don Lemon is too toxic to be hired.

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

What do O’Reilly and Carlson have in common?
    Both were the focus of a lawsuit that cost Murdoch a shitload of $$$
    The release said they agreed to part ways so I’m sure Tucker got a settlement
    One thing Tucker was involved in is Fox’s streaming service
    But Fox has options
    They could move Kilmeade into a prime time spot
    Pete Hegseth and former ESPN anchor Will Cain also are options for a prime time gig, or to replace Kilmeade
    Tucker can probably make a living with a podcast, like Megyn Kelly

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Carlson will have no problem making piles of cash. His brand of hate is a big, big seller.

edit to add: he’s also a martyr now. Even more big bucks. The rubes eat that shit up.

Draft saved Draft deleted