1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Haha I was just thinking how great these couple days are gonna be for Whitlock, who is surely fancying himself the Tucker replacement. But they'll just go with a younger, less repulsive person and that'll be that.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"This is an attack on God."

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What's the over / under in months before he starts his own church? 6?

Jason, seek help.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
    OscarMadison likes this.
  5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Fox will go younger and thinner than Whitlock. But less repulsive is a push at best.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Songbird

Dear Jase, I hope you got the letter ...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
    OscarMadison likes this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Has Whitlock started muttering yet?

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

When my moral compass is having trouble discerning good from evil, I naturally think of Jason Whitlock as the guy with the answers.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When does he pull an Oral Roberts or Jimmy Swaggart and say he only has months left to live - unless you call right now and become a prayer partner (for $39.99 a month)

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

As theology songs go, I put this at the top along with Regina Spektor's Laughing With, way ahead of the Police's just fine O My God and miles ahead of the silly What if God from Joan Osborne.
    What am I missing?

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

He's in the right city for it. (See also: Alamo, Tony; Shamblin, Gwen; Davis, Maury; et al)

12. Songbird

"I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours
    but I think that God's got a sick sense of humor"

“Blasphemous Rumours” was written by Martin Gore and tells the story of a young 16 year old who attempts suicide and fails, but however gets killed in a car accident at 18 after experiencing a religious revival. It was rumoured by fans that the track was a response to Gore’s sister’s suicide, however Gore explained the true meaning behind the song in his 1990 interview with Spin magazine: “I was going to church a lot at the time, not because I believed in it, but because there was nothing else to do on a Sunday. I found the service very hard to take seriously. The whole setup is quite handy but I’m not sure that’s what God intended. Particularly a part of the service called the prayer list, when the preacher rattles off the names of those sick and about to die. The person at the top of the list was guaranteed to die, but still everyone went right ahead thanking God for carrying out his will. It just seemed so strange to me, so ridiculous and so removed from real experiences.”

https://storyofsong.com/story/blasphemous-rumours/

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted