1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THIS IS CNN: Don Lemon goes berserker on Kaitlan Collins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Feb 5, 2023.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They are, but with the press or two of a button something someone said to 3.5 million people are seen by 90 million within a few hours.

Heck, there are things I see here I would never have known about otherwise.

Azrael likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Don Lemon would have gladly smothered his grandmother with a My Pillow to ensure anything like 3.5 million viewers for that morning show.

The audience was routinely one-tenth that size. And shrinking.

I'll also go out on a limb to suggest the youngsters weren't sharing Don Lemon clips around on the TikToks and the YouTubes.

FileNotFound and Liut like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll never understand why people like Lemon and Carlson would be jerks to co-workers. You are well-paid, famous - even if you could get away with it because of your position - why act like that? When you have so much to lose?
    I do think Lemon could easily land an afternoon talk gig - if he keeps his head down. Goes out and makes some documentary that is well-received about poor people in the south or something - maybe the water situation in Jackson or something.

exmediahack likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Maybe Lemon could be next host of The Price is Right.

TigerVols likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

To be fair, some of those people need scolded for what they bid on things.

Batman and dixiehack like this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yeah.

Irritability isn't a talent.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That post just dropped into the $10,000 slot.

[​IMG]

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That game is my go to metaphor for raising children.

Songbird likes this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    with one exception

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I will say, CNN seems to cycle through people -they'll launch a show with a new person a lot of fanfare and it will be gone eventually. The Spitzer experiment, Campbell Brown, Connie Chung, Paula Zahn, Cuomo, - growing up Larry King held down that 9 p.m. hour.

Chris Wallace was a good get - and he seems fine doing the Charlie Rose thing.

Liut likes this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I said the same thing on this board 15 years ago. I literally do not know of one single TV person on this thread (save Carlson). Nobody in my life watches these shows.
    But I do know people watch them. With the proliferation of big screen tvs, I know that a lot of my neighbors watch fox news (I can't help but see inside their living room while walking my dog). But I do read this thread, a lot of people here know what they are talking about.

And @exmediahack is dead on with his analysis of podcast listening.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Imagine dropping real money on a giant television and using it to have a fat-faced white guy scream at you every night...in high definition.

Draft saved Draft deleted