1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? The LAWYER said all those things, not the defendant.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

It's terrifying how true this is. It's also terrifying to imagine he somehow DIDN'T do something worse than doing nothing to prepare us for a plague.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

There's a chance---and I wish it was a 100 percent chance---that Trump becomes the first president to ever lose two elections as a major party candidate. And he's still gonna go for it. A possible two-time loser.....

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Carlson was in contract talks. I wonder to what degree that was involved in his getting the sack, say if he was playing hardball for a huge new contract.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He didn't just fail to prepare for it. He actively worked against efforts to deal with it. There was also that little matter of trying to overturn a legitimate presidential election result.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was just trying to encapsulate his "pandemic" "response" in one sentence. There's no proper description for how bad it was.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. With some strip shows (nightly interview shows) the staff does all the work, the host shows up about two hours before and everyone sits around the table and watches the host read the script and together they make some tweaks and give the host the talking points for the interview and Bob's your uncle...

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Things I didn't know until yesterday: Tucker was born in that city he loves to bash, San Francisco! Also, his father had one of the bylines on the 1969 Look magazine story claiming then-SF mayor Joseph Alioto had business and personal ties to a mob boss in Los Angeles. Alioto sued and eventually won a $450K libel judgement.

garrow likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Biden vs. Trump 2 will be like The Hangover 2... it shouldn't be made.

Draft saved Draft deleted