1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I realizes it rains a bit in Florida, but ... 25-plus inches in 24 hours?!?!!

that's more than most towns out West get in a year.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Getting 25 inches, as we have this season, is a lot for out West.

My city got 12 inches last season, 4.5 inches the year before, and 16 inches the year before that.

And our area is not as much of a desert as some places in California.

I cannot imagine getting 25 inches in 24 hours. I would probably be watching it, and being afraid that God had broken his promise...

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought I heard on one news update that it's a one-day record for all of Florida. If true, considering their tropical weather patterns and hurricanes, that's truly remarkable.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

After I saw the water levels in Fort La-Di-Da, I immediately checked the tidal charts to make sure it was from rain rather than king-tide flooding.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Usually the two go hand-in-hand. If you have a lot of rain from a big storm, when the tide is high, it doesn't have anywhere to go.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ughhhh. Just looked out the window to see a nice fluffy Currier & Ives snowstorm.

Thursday: Sunny and 60. :rolleyes:

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Gonna get bumpy deep in the hearta' tomorrow. Forecast gets worse with each update.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup, we're getting that moisture now. Calling for 1-2 feet of snow in the mountains east of the Divide.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

That's. In. Sane.

Says the person who's dealt with upper 80s to near freezing the last month.

10. MileHigh

It's April. Second snowiest month here. I've been here a handful of times with snow on Mother's Day. Plus, let it dump. Fill those reservoirs. Moisture is our friend. As are all down-river states from here.

2muchcoffeeman, Driftwood and Batman like this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

MileHigh likes this.
  12. MileHigh

And we'll be lucky to record any measurable "official" snow with this storm because the official recording station is the damn airport, which is way out east/in Kansas and this is a classic spring upslope storm. The variables are that extreme.

And in 2021, we had our latest first snow of the season -- Dec. 10.

Draft saved Draft deleted