1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Lions better keep somebody to get tough yardage inside. Gibbs hits home run plays and also gets stuffed at the point of attack a lot.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

They signed David Montgomery from the Bears

dixiehack likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

looked up - middle of first round, so obviously ESPN brought in their top analysts. JFC. I was going to hang in until they trot out a veteran or a make a wish kid to make a pick, but I'm out.

Liut likes this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Steak and sizzle.

MTM, ChrisLong, swingline and 9 others like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't know if those were girlfriends or sisters hanging out with Lukas Van Ness, but his dad sure seems to approve of his son's taste in women.

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. dixiehack

Fifteen picks in and only three college conferences represented.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Damn. Jets' Make a Wish kid makes me want to run through a brick wall.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  9. dixiehack

Moving into the stage of the draft where the prospect has a nice suit but the rest of the at-home party is rocking the “on sale at Kohl’s” drip.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Patriots played that perfectly. They kept the Jets from getting the offensive tackle help they needed, added a fourth-round pick, and still got a cornerback who probably should have gone in the top 10.

If you had told me before the draft that the Steelers would trade up to get Broderick Jones and it would only cost them their fourth-round pick, I would have said that they did well. They need the upgrade at tackle. I understand going for the last of the top tackles rather than a cornerback given that this draft is deep at corner, but man, I hate seeing them pass on Gonzalez.

11. dixiehack

Twenty picks in and no word about Tha Troops. Tucker Carlson begging to sign a one-day contract to come back and sound the klaxon.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Took me a minute to realize Tha Troops is a reference to the military, and not a wide receiver from Georgia.

Draft saved Draft deleted