1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Seriously, that was The Worst rendition of the Beastie Boys I've ever heard, and rather than having one of the 170 people who ESPN pays to do draft coverage breaking down why the Chiefs just took this whatever from Kansas State, I was subjected to the entirety of the wheezing, off-key singing while cameras showed me why my complete lack of interest in visiting Kansas City is justified. God, it felt every bit as cringey and awkward as that Tonight Show with Jay Leno that was broadcast live with the cast of Cheers after the last episode.

And Will Levis, who I can only assume slept on that Goddamned couch after all of the booty surrounding him bailed, is apparently not sticking around for the second round...not that I blame him.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Obviously you never heard me and college buddies singing along to Beasties songs. Truly awful.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least there is supposedly a bidding war to get the Steelers' pick at 32 to draft him. :)

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The blonde booty at the Levis household was his sister.

And she was an absolute smoke show.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Or, it shows how much the Cardinals overpaid for Murray.

NFL QBs earn huge salaries. It's all Monopoly money to me.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve always wondered what happens to plain-looking sisters of top draft picks. Do they just get sent to a Comfort Inn out by the interstate for the weekend?

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I saw a lot of plain-looking prior to tuning out.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And its even worse when those "insiders' are the people grading the draft - after they were so off base on their mocks.

Side note - if I had a kid getting drafted in the first-round, I would totally work deals with home furnishing companies to give me free stuff to show off in the live shots. Hoping some of the families who were in KC had people providing them the fancy duds and accesories, but I'd rather have a new living room. Sofa, some side tables etc. Memo to self, pitch show to HGTV AND ESPN on living room makeovers ahead of the draft next year.

HanSenSE and dixiehack like this.
  9. DanOregon

F-it - I'd totally be there. Have the run of the place. Get the hat, the jersey etc (I figure they'd at least give him the ceremonial jersey) - show up though in gym shorts, t-shirt and hat on backwards. Then I'd go party with the fans outside.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The last guy picked last night was a half-hour drive from downtown KC, and I saw several mocks that had him going to the Chiefs. He missed out on a huge opportunity to be treated like a Greek god for a night.

11. DanOregon

Second-round picks try just as hard.

Is this the "Trey Lance" draft for the 49ers? The one where they gave up all their picks for a guy who will likely never start for them again? It's a good thing the Niners are still good - because a trade that bad usually costs coaches and GMs their jobs.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They probably did, you want to keep your QB you need to pay. These deals will be surpassed shortly.

micropolitan guy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted