1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have followed this. The stunning part isn't the parole board (because what would you expect), it's that the appeals court heard the whole thing. ... and didn't vacate the conviction! Clearly the justice system in this case is about a lot of things except actual justice. They are hell bent on killing someone who was convicted on no physical evidence and just the word of a mentally ill person who admitted to commiting the murder, but pointed a finger at Glossip to get him convicted, and now is recanting.

sgreenwell and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

To control his wife's freedom?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's pretty amazing to see some MAGA politicians lining up with the usual anti-death penalty activists on this case. I don't know if the governor will stop the execution or not. He might be worried about looking soft on crime - even though one wasn't committed.

Driftwood and sgreenwell like this.
  5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

These crackpots believe their own BS. It is the only thing binding them to their followers.

6. The Big Ragu

I don't know who is MAGA or who isn't or what it really means at this point. But that AG seems like an old school Republican. He did military service as an officer in the air force, worked as a staffer for David Boren (before any of us heard the term MAGA), and got a JD at Georgetown at night. He then tried twice to get elected on his own and succeeed last time.

It looks like he is just trying to do what he knows (and everyone on earth should know) is right. This used to be the baseline behavior for an AG. You want to put people behind bars, you'll even slide, twist, bend a lot to do it. But when you get presented with something like this, you do the right thing and try to get the conviction vacated.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

FWIW, there's a similar case going on in New Hampshire, which was the focus of season two of the Bear Brook podcast. Highly recommend, if you like being frustrated at the criminal justice system.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

What I thought, too. The only answer that fits. He's a complete asshole on that video.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

He is, if I recall correctly, the person sitting at the table in the "Change my mind" meme. As previously mentioned, he operates in the post-modern trans- and gay-baiting podcast space. Maybe Joe Rogan without the psychedelics or Jordan Peterson without the academic credentials.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Slobbo thinks MAGA republicans are popular on university campuses.

12. The Big Ragu

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    franticscribe and Neutral Corner like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted