1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

TE Sam LaPorta of Iowa replaces TE TJ Hockenson of … Iowa

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is outstanding. I kinda like the Steelers getting Porter in the second round, too.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

ITS RED WHITE AND BLUE DICK WAIVING TIME!

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So they’re overpaying Tannehill, drafted Malik Willis 12 months ago … and now they trade up for Levis?

This is wide-receivers-run-with-Matt-Millen-in-Detroit nuts.

Batman and swingline like this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Lions draft Jared Goff’s eventual successor in Tennessee QB Hendon Hooker

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I love this pick. Hooker is a project who will take a couple years, and the Lions have the time to let him develop with Goff playing pretty well and a nice surrounding cast on offense.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You should.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I am a little worried because something happened last night and tonight that never happens. I really like everything the Steelers have done in this draft.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Funny thing about that Goff trade - people said the Lions would eventually eat the contract and grab someone new. He finished last year 5th in QBR and 6th in passer rating. His dead cap hit is $15m this year, $5m next year. And he's only three years older than Hooker. Good to have Hooker as a possible successor, maybe they trade Goff to a QB needy team willing to pay through the nose - but it isn't like he's on his last legs. And he's probably had about as successful a career as any No. 1 pick since Eli Manning.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Um, Cam Newton? Got his team to a Super Bowl - like Goff was a part of prior to being dealt to Detroit - plus won an NFL MVP.

Please try again.

Draft saved Draft deleted