1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Reduced wait times just like baseball!

Twirling Time likes this.
  2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Nice try

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Really missing Dennis Green about now.

Michael_ Gee and garrow like this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Nah, I get it. You didn’t. I’m just tired of anytime stuff like this comes up, there’s a line of thought that nothing can ever be done because of breaking “norms” that the trumplicans have crapped all over for years.

We routinely prosecute politicians when they’ve broken the law. And my goodness this asshole has broken a lot of them.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

And Fox News isn’t putting on Elizabeth Warren or AOC.

Party is not the issue. The guy led an insurrection against the United States and it’s cool to give him an hour or two of free airtime on a recognizable network? This isn’t local public access, which should be the only TV channel this clown appears on. All networks want ratings, but no others are giving him an open platform — not even Fox News, which lobs him lots of softballs.

TowelWaver and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Every time I see a reference to the Antonin Scalia Law School, I chuckle a little remembering that when George Mason initially made the announcement that they were re-naming the school in his honor they rolled it out as the Antonin Scalia School of Law, until about five minutes later when liberal lawyers started gleefully shortening it to ASS Law on social media.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That’s exactly what I was talking about. I think MSNBC will have lower ratings than CNN for the coronation.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If during that town hall, Trump grabs a questioner and starts gnawing on their leg, media will all be like "Trump connects with voter in New Hampshire."

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You win

CNN’s planned town hall with Donald Trump faces pushback

10. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

The former president and 2024 Republican presidential candidate will take questions from [anchor Kaitlan] Collins and a live audience of New Hampshire Republican and undeclared voters who say they intend to vote in the New Hampshire Republican presidential primary.”
    If horses wore stripes?

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The CNN thing is misguided and stupid. They MUST call out lies. And he’ll try to steamroll. If he’s allowed to have an infomercial it’s dereliction of journalistic duty to the highest degree.

There is the chance he could look like the lying criminal he is, having not been out of his bubble in years. But it’s pretty big risk.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If I hear one word about *undecided* voters this election cycle, I’ll burn this place to the ground. The biggest horseshit the NYT and Washington reporters try to push every election. There ain’t no undecided voters, not this time, not last time, not ever.

Trump’s town hall won’t change one vote. His mouth breathing, booger eating fucks will vote for him. The 65 percent that despises him won’t.

Full stop.

Draft saved Draft deleted